My Grandma was a woman who liked to do things. She was a strong woman who loved her family deeply. She lived most of my life in Southwest Virginia. When we would visit there where just some things you learned by being there.
- Work isn’t a four letter word and it’s the most fun when you can do it while watching your Mom, Aunts & Uncles together.
- While you’re at Grandma’s stock up on Apple Butter & Green Beans. The Apple Butter was the best and for some reason I’m also remembering canned green beans. Maybe because I really like Green Beans.
- A garden is the best way to get the best vegetables. And you have to tend it. That takes work. See the top of the list.
- Roosters next door to Grandma’s house are going to wake you up at a time that only makes sense to them. And you can’t go shoot him. He doesn’t belong to Grandma.
- Make sure if you have a big family reunion with almost all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins staying at Grandma’s that there is adequate plumbing. It won’t be pretty otherwise.
- Cow’s have an attitude. Ok, Grandma didn’t teach me this. This guy did….
I guess he didn’t like his close-up.
- You can be strong, opinionated and stubborn and still show those around you that you love them and be a lady through and through.
My Grandma was a neat lady. I don’t think I’ve learned the most important lessons from her nearly like I should. But I’m working on it.